Cariso at Milpitas, CA, USA

This is all about cariso's adventure in Milpitas, California of USA during Jun/Jul 2006 (3-week-stay). She flied there alone. She went for food hunting alone. She drove to work alone. Syiok! She travelled to Las Vegas, Grand Canyon, San Francisco, Sausalito, Golden Gate Bridge, Hollywood, LA-Universal Studio and Santa Monica. SAN FRANCISCO is cool man! She loves it!

Friday, June 30, 2006

SF - Golden Gate Bridge Biking

After the Flea Market/Gilroy/Great Mall shopping trip on Saturday, the next day I went to San Francisco aiming to bike the bridge!

Lombard Street - 'The Crookedest Street in the World' because of its eight sharp turns on a 40-degree slope.


The Crookiest Street of the World


The Crookiest Street of the World


 The Crookiest Street of the World

You know what?! I have vowed before that if one day I had the chance to go to California, I must go to San Francisco and Sausalito. I have watched too many of the San Francisco scenes in movies. The scenes of Sausalito in "一见钟情" (Sausalito) 2000 by Leon Lai and Maggie Cheung planted deep in my mind.

 Sausalito by Leon Lai and Maggie Cheung



I also listened to many songs related to 'California' . I was once crazy over the song "California Dreaming" by The Mamas & Papas (background music in the movie of Chung King Express 重庆森林 1994) and of course "Hotel California" by The Eagles. How could you not knowing this song right?!

I also got to see how a chinese female student (pursuing a PHD degree from UCLA) 's style was through the Lambir project back in uni time. 浸过美国加州的水, fascinated me.


So......How could I have possibly missed the San Francisco streets when I was here. Those up and down slopes have already been visualized in my mind for so long until today I finally got the chance to step on it. ha!

SF street
I biked the bridge! I rented a bike (USD23.00) for one day to cycle from Fisherman's Wharf -> Golden Gate -> Sausalito.

I cycled past a park.

cycle route to golden gate
On the same day there was a marathon event held there.

cycle route to golden gate
I cycled past this. Palace of Fine Arts / Exploratorium in San Francisco. On land originally belonging to the Presidio, the Palace of Fine Arts was built in 1915 for the Panama-Pacific International Exposition. Today the site, which belongs to the City of San Francisco, features a classical Roman rotunda with curved colonnades in an idyllic park setting.


Palace of Fine Arts / Exploratorium in San Francisco 01


 Palace of Fine Arts / Exploratorium in San Francisco 02


Palace of Fine Arts / Exploratorium in San Francisco 03
There you go the Golden Gate. Before this the cycle route was mainly along the coast line and I truly enjoyed it. The breeze is so cooling and refreshing. That time I thought, "Hmm...if back in Penang we can have have such kind of cold weather then syiok loh. Cycling whole day also no sweat one leh!". I started to regret after this stop because there were a few uphills later on which required me to use the lowest gear, oh mine! I have already stopped cycling for so long and this was really killing me you know. Somemore it's NOON. It's noon time oi!

golden gate 01

golden gate 02


golden gate 03

|