Cariso at Milpitas, CA, USA

This is all about cariso's adventure in Milpitas, California of USA during Jun/Jul 2006 (3-week-stay). She flied there alone. She went for food hunting alone. She drove to work alone. Syiok! She travelled to Las Vegas, Grand Canyon, San Francisco, Sausalito, Golden Gate Bridge, Hollywood, LA-Universal Studio and Santa Monica. SAN FRANCISCO is cool man! She loves it!

Saturday, July 01, 2006

Golden Gate - Sausalito

I was very excited ('heng fun') when I have finally seen the Sausalito lying in front of me after hours of cycling. I 'recognized' its buildings !! I remember watching them in the movies! (Yes, khi siao liao me!)


sausalito
Lying at the north end of the Golden Gate Bridge, picturesque Sausalito receives a steady stream of visitors who both cycle over the bridge or use the ferry service from San Francisco.

The houses are unique. Each got its own design.

sausalito house 01


 sausalito house 02
I boh lat liao after cycling till here. It took nearly 3 hrs leh to reach here. At this stage I decided not to cycle back liao, but use the ferry instead (USD8.50). If not later got no strength to cycle at SF leh.

Scoma's in Sausalito - scallop saute and risotto mare. First few mouths OK lah, but after soon you realized they were TOO salty lah. (Did you see their scallops very big hor?!)

 Scoma in Sausalito
I took the ferry back to Fisherman's Wharf. The ferry was made biker-friendly with the section carrying bikes. The bus here also biker-friendly one leh, in front of the bus got the fixtures carrying bikes one. Wah, if in Penang also got then syiok lah.

take ferry to go back fishermans wharf 01

take ferry to go back fishermans wharf 02
Alcatraz at our left hand side.
alcatraz on our left
After that, I cycled to Chinatown to take a look. The roads were up and down, up and down, up and down one - typical San Francisco streets lah. Very chia lat loh cycling at SF city. We wasted some time trying to locate the exact direction to Chinatown. Cycled till 'or um hin' already somemore need to look at map. *sweat*

It's too bad that I could not spend more time to 'explore' on Chinatown as time was a constrain. At first thought of perhaps could drive past here and if got place to park our car then I could go down to ronda loh. Nah! There was totally no where for you to park one lah, mian think of it.

The result of cycling from 10.00a.m. till nearly 6.00p.m. was I got m hands sunburnt liao!


|